Tips on Prevent Mold Growth
There are some steps that you as the homeowner or building owner can do to help prevent unhealthy mold growth. Here are some general tips on preventing mold growth in your home or building:
Tips on Preventing Mold Growth in Your Home
- Monitor areas for moisture intrusion. Any leaks or floods should be dried up as soon as possible. After an area is wet for 48 hours, mold may begin to grow
- Be sure that attics and crawl spaces are properly ventilated and properly insulated
- Monitor the relative humidity in your home. If the relative humidity exceeds 55% for an extended period of time, there is enough moisture in the air for mold to grow
- Make sure that bathrooms are properly ventilated and exhaust fans are working properly
- Be sure that bathroom exhaust vents and dryer vents are discharging to the outside of your home
Click Here for our FREE Brochure on Tips to Prevent mold in basements, mold in attics, mold in crawl spaces and More!
If you have questions on how to prevent mold growth in your own home or building, contact us to speak with a mold professional.