Mold Detection & Remediation Specialist
Non-toxic environmentally friendly products are used on all remediation jobs.
FAQ's About Mold
To provide our clients with safe and healthy homes by performing thorough, affordable mold remediation services in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mold Inspection – Mold Detection will perform a thorough inspection of your home or office to look for indications that a mold problem may be present. Based off of this inspection, we will recommend the appropriate types of mold samples to take in order to provide you with a comprehensive report and to determine if “abnormal” mold conditions exist.
Mold Detection’s Certified Mold Inspectors will perform a thorough mold inspection in order to determine the appropriate types of mold samples to take to establish if abnormal mold conditions exist. These samples may be air quality testing, swab surface sampling or a combination of both. Mold testing is the only way to determine the types of mold that are present and the elevations.
Mold Remediation – Mold Detection’s team of certified mold specialists will do a free visual assessment and review any lab results you have in order to put together a scope of work specific to your needs. Using non-toxic and environmentally friendly products and following EPA guidelines, we will remediate the mold in your home or office.
Mold Detection provides daily, weekend or weekly rentals for HEPA air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums. We drop off and pick up the equipment on-site and provide instructions on how to use the equipment, making it a simple and convenient process for our clients.
If you are experiencing musty odors, any water loss events, flooding, discoloration on attic/basement surfaces, visible microbial growth, or home occupant health issues/respiratory issues then contact us today for a consultation!
FAQ's About Mold
Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is common to find mold spores in the air of homes and growing on damp surfaces. Much of the mold found indoors comes from outdoor sources. Therefore, everyone is exposed to some mold on a daily basis without evident harm.
“I am so impressed and appreciative of the quick response you gave to my requests and the complete professionalism you and the whole staff displayed during the process. It was unsettling for me knowing that remediation was required but you certainly did all that was promised.” – Joan D., Pennsylvania
Get FREE Estimate
How am I exposed to indoor mold?
Mold is found everywhere, indoors and outdoors. It is common to find mold spores in the air of homes and growing on damp surfaces. Much of the mold found indoors comes from outdoor sources. Therefore, everyone is exposed to some mold on a daily basis without evident harm. Mold spores primarily cause health problems when they enter the air and are inhaled in large number. People can also be exposed to mold through skin contact and eating.
How much mold can make me sick?
Each individual is different. For some people, even a little bit of mold spores can cause health problems. For others, it may take many more. It all depends on your personal sensitivity to mold.
Who is at great risk when exposed to mold?
The following individuals appear to be at higher risk for adverse health effects of molds:
- Infants and children
- Anyone with reduced immune defense (people with HIV infection, cancer chemotherapy, liver disease, etc.)
- Pregnant women individuals with existing respiratory conditions, such as allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity, and asthma.
People with these special concerns should consult a physician if they are having health problems.
What symptoms are common?
Allergic reactions may be the most common health problem of mold exposure. Typical symptoms reported (alone or in combination) include:
- Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty in breathing
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Eyes-burning, watery, reddened, blurry vision, light sensitivity
- Dry, hacking cough sore throat nose and throat irritation shortness of breath
- Skin irritation
- Central nervous system problems (constant headaches, memory problems, and mood changes)
- Aches and pains possible fever