Free Assessment for Mold Remediation in PA, NJ and DE
Just as each medical treatment plan will vary from person-to-person depending on the diagnosis and the individual, so too will each remediation plan & scope of work vary depending on the home or building and the mold conditions present. In order to effectively remediate the mold in your home or building, we must put together a mold remediation plan & scope of work to fit your specific situation. We will send out one of our Certified Mold Inspectors and Assessors, free of charge, to do a visual assessment and inspection of the area in need of professional remediation. Based off of that assessment and the results of any mold samples taken, we will then follow the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) guidelines to put together your specific scope of work. Again, each job will slightly vary in protocol, depending on the situation, but here is a general outline of what you can expect for remediation:
- Containment This is a crucial step to insure that we are not making the mold issue worse or affecting other areas inside your home or office. We will close of the area being remediated and seal off and vents, registers or access points in to this space while all work is being completed.
- HEPA Air Scrubbers High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Scrubbers will be set up inside containment, as well as outside containment to filter out any airborne molds or debris during the remediation process. Depending on your specific scenario, these HEPA Scrubbers may need to run for a period of time after the work is complete and continue to filter out the air.
- Removal of Damaged Porous or Semi-Porous Contents/Demolition This is not always necessary, however if an object cannot be effectively cleaned, or if there is heavy growth on drywall, carpet or other porous surfaces, they may need to be removed.
- HEPA Vacuum Surfaces Using a HEPA vacuum, we will vacuum the surfaces on which the mold growth was observed in order to remove as much visible growth as possible. These surfaces may include: walls, floors, subflooring, ceilings and horizontal surfaces.
- Antimicrobial Wash & Wipe Using a non-toxic and environmentally friendly antimicrobial, we will wash down all effected surfaces. This may include: walls, subflooring, ceilings and horizontal surfaces.
It is strongly suggested that Post-Remediation Verification (PRV) is performed after the mold remediation is complete to insure that “normal” and healthy mold conditions now exist in the area remediated. It is part of Mold Detection’s Warranty & Guarantee that should elevated mold conditions still exist after the work is complete, we will come back free of charge to re-address.
If you have questions regarding mold remediation or are interested in receiving a free plan & quote for mold remediation, contact us today to speak with a mold professional.